To apply for a Tertiary Education Grant and/or Scholarship, you must be a registered tribal member, residing in NZ and studying at a NZ Tertiary Institution to be eligible.
Courses must be NZQA recognised and must start during the 2019 calendar year. Online applications are open from 11 November 2018 and close 29 March 2019 at 5pm.
Click on MY WAIKATO-TAINUI and follow the Tertiary Education Grant application instructions.
The application process will prompt applicants to upload these specific documents:
- Confirmation of 2019 enrolment
- Official name of qualification
- List of course subjects
- Certified invoice of your course costs
- Start and finish date of course
- Study type (full or part time)
- Year of study
- NZQA level of course
- Previous year academic results transcript (only applicable if you have previously received a tertiary ed grant) Note: Applicants must have passed a minimum of 75% of the previous year’s courses to be eligible for further grants/scholarships
- Current CV
- Verified bank account details
Items 1-8 need to be on tertiary institution letterhead.
The maximum number of Tuumate Maahuta Memorial Scholarships a tribal member can be awarded is three (3) -at NZQA levels 8 and 9.