The objectives of the Waikato-Tainui & Waikato District Council Waikato River Scholarship are:
To apply for a Tertiary Education Grant and/or Scholarship, you must be a registered tribal member, residing in NZ and studying at a NZ Tertiary Institution to be eligible.
Applicants must be undertaking undergraduate (NZQA levels 6 or 7) or postgraduate (NZQA levels 8 or 9) study.
Selection criteria for the scholarship will include:
- Confirmation of 2018 enrolment
- Official name of qualification
- List of course subjects
- Certified invoice of your course costs
- Start and finish date of course
- Study type (full or part time)
- Year of study (2nd year or more)
- NZQA level of course (6, 7, 8 or 9)
- Previous year academic results transcript (only applicable if you have previously received a tertiary ed grant) Note: Applicants must have passed a minimum of 75% of the previous year’s courses to be eligible for further Scholarships
- Current CV
- Verified bank account details
Items 1-8 need to be on tertiary institution letterhead.
The maximum number of Waikato-Tainui Tertiary Grants a tribal member can be awarded is three (3) at NZQA levels 2-7.
The 2018 enrolments have now closed.