To apply for a Tertiary Education Grant, you must be a registered tribal member, residing in NZ and studying at a NZ Tertiary Institution to be eligible.
Courses must be NZQA recognised and must start during the 2020 calendar year. Online applications are now open and close on 28 February 2020 at 5pm.
Click on MY WAIKATO-TAINUI and check the status of your Tertiary Education Grant application.
- The 2019 Tertiary Grants close 28 February 2020.
- If whaanau want an update on their grant status, you can log back in MY WAIKATO-TAINUI Online Portal where you will be able to see your current status.
- Any documentation requests will be via email, so its important your details are correct on the Online Portal.
- Status Definitions
- NEW – we have received your application and its awaiting validation.
- IN PROGRESS – your application has been validated and requires more information. Details would have been emailed to you on what documentation is required
- AWAITING BOARD APPROVAL – your application has been validated and will be tabled at Te Arataura for approval at the end of April.
- Whaanau can call the team on 0800 TAINUI or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.