To apply for a Tertiary Education Grant, you must be a registered tribal member, residing in NZ and studying at a NZ Tertiary Institution to be eligible.
Courses must be NZQA recognised and must start during the 2019 calendar year. Online applications are now closed.
Click on MY WAIKATO-TAINUI and check the status of your Tertiary Education Grant application.
- The 2019 Tertiary Grants closed March 29.
- We received 964 applications which are now going through validation.
- If whaanau want an update on their grant status, you can log back in MY WAIKATO-TAINUI Online Portal where you will be able to see your current status.
- Any documentation requests will be via email, so its important your details are correct on the Online Portal.
- Status Definitions
- NEW – we have received your application and its awaiting validation.
- IN PROGRESS – your application has been validated and requires more information. Details would have been emailed to you on what documentation is required
- AWAITING BOARD APPROVAL – your application has been validated and will be tabled at Te Arataura for approval at the end of April.
- All validation will be completed by Friday 19th April 2019.
- Whaanau can call the team on 0800 TAINUI or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.