TE WHAKAKITENGA O WAIKATO
Waikato Representative to the Waikato Endowed Colleges Trust (WECT)
Organisation and Details
The Waikato Endowed Colleges Trust (WECT) is the governance board for the Waikato-Tainui College for Research and Development, which is based in Hopuhopu. The Waikato-Tainui College for Research and Development is the academic and research arm for Waikato-Tainui.
The College delivers on the vision of the Founding Fellow, the late Sir Robert Mahuta, to produce a continual stream of leadership to lead Maaori through the next century. It is an international institution attracting scholars and teachers focused on wide-ranging topics of development research. Research and development is conducted at all levels and in all disciplines. The College is a centre of excellence benefiting not only Waikato- Tainui but also the local, national and international communities.
Particular Skills/Competencies Sought
WECT is seeking to appoint a Trustee / Trustees with the following skills and knowledge:
- Sound experience in legal, financial management and/or accountancy
- Previous governance and business enterprise/business development experience is desirable
- An understanding of the tertiary education sector and employment pathways
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Strategic thinking coupled with the ability to represent the views and aspirations of Waikato-Tainui
- Knowledge or understanding of Kiingitanga
- Knowledge of the key priority areas of Whakatupuranga 2050.
- Strong networks across the tribal rohe and the ability to engage with marae and rangatahi
This is not an employment contract, however if you are interested in a Trustee role on this Board please email your application and CV to email@example.com subject reference WECT Trustee Application 01-2020. Applications close at 12pm on 31 January 2020.